bin warns cleanup

Simon 'corecode' Schubert corecode at fs.ei.tum.de
Thu Mar 18 15:18:51 PST 2004

I did some warning cleanup on bin which should get it fairly clean for
gcc3 with WARNS=5 CWARNFLAGS="-fstrict-aliasing -std=c99
-Wuninitialized"

Most cleanups were (or combinations, but I tried to keep style
consistent in one file):
- K&R
- constness (char *foo = "ham")
- quad -> long long
- int -> size_t
- missing or damaged prototypes (int foo();)
- shadowing of global functions/variables

I excluded pax and tcsh. pax is a big chunk residing as a partial
patchset here still (needs revamping on const and prototypes, size_t vs
int stuff), tcsh is contrib.

printf is included because it gets sucked in from sh.

I realize there are still some warnings and I intend to address them
lateron, mostly because I have the feeling they will open another can
of worms (constness propagates...)

Another issue is that gcc3 doesn't know the BSD specific printf0
function attribute. Do we want to use and support this? If so, we need
to patch gcc3 on this issue.

This should not contain functional changes :)

My CVS somehow crunshed the $DragonFly$ tags; if this is a problem
please tell me how to fix that and I'll submit an updated patch.

Have fun with 90KB patch at:
<http://chlamydia.fs.ei.tum.de/~corecode/warns-bin-cleanup.diff>
cheers
  simon