acpica5 and acpi sub-modules (Re: cvs commit: src/sys/dev Makefile)

YONETANI Tomokazu qhwt+dragonfly-submit at les.ath.cx
Mon Jun 14 06:44:12 PDT 2004

On Mon, Jun 14, 2004 at 03:02:15PM +0200, Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai wrote:
> -On [20040611 18:12], YONETANI Tomokazu (qhwt+dragonfly-submit at xxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> >Thanks for comments, guys. Actually there's a newer patch
> >in the /DragonFly directory that I forgot to mention. Though
> >it's date as 20040612, it doesn't really contain the very recent
> >changes in the FreeBSD-CURRENT, since I'm not sure those changes
> >really apply to DragonFly. And I put a dfports override for acpicatools
> >in the same directory. Probably you need it when you want to write
> >your own DSDT file to override your broken ACPI BIOS.
>
> Does suspend work?

It surely does, the only problem is that I have to press reset button
(or power-cycle) when it supposed to resume :) For suspend/resume to
work properly, other drivers must support it. And I think the status of
suspend/resume support is almost the same as that of FreeBSD 4.x, and
I doubt such changes will be MFC'ed to 4.x soon.

My main interest has been on CPU throttling and poweroff, so I didn't
care much about suspend/resume. Does suspend/resume work reliably on
recent -CURRENT? I haven't used it after having experienced panics
(I believe that was something related to ppp code) back in 4-CURRENT days,
but if can resume reliably, that's definately a nice feature to have.