acpica5 and acpi sub-modules (Re: cvs commit: src/sys/dev Makefile)

YONETANI Tomokazu qhwt+dragonfly-submit at les.ath.cx
Fri Jun 11 09:07:48 PDT 2004

On Fri, Jun 11, 2004 at 01:59:07PM +0000, Rahul Siddharthan wrote:
> Johannes Hofmann wrote:
> >Just wanted to say, that I am running your acpica-5 patch for quite a while
> >now on my Thinkpad 1200i without problems.
>
> A "me too" from here, on a HP Pavilion ze5385us, ever since (as reported
> earlier) I disabled "thermal" for acpi.  Not fully functional but
> absolutely stable.

Thanks for comments, guys. Actually there's a newer patch
in the /DragonFly directory that I forgot to mention. Though
it's date as 20040612, it doesn't really contain the very recent
changes in the FreeBSD-CURRENT, since I'm not sure those changes
really apply to DragonFly. And I put a dfports override for acpicatools
in the same directory. Probably you need it when you want to write
your own DSDT file to override your broken ACPI BIOS.

I'm not planning to update the acpi patch for a while unless important
changes go into FreeBSD-CURRENT. Currently my main interrest is to update
ServeRAID driver to bring in the changes made during the last few months
over from FreeBSD-CURRENT.