wi(4) update

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Thu Jul 29 21:55:45 PDT 2004

:>The hostap should still work, but has moved mostly into the generic 802.11
:>layer (netproto/802_11). If it stopped working for you, please tell me :)
:
:Hm - with your patch, my buildkernel (which was preceded by a
:buildworld) fails at the linking stage.  Error below.  It seems
:nothing was built in the netproto/802_11 directory.  Am I missing
:something in my config file?
:
:Without your patch, it builds fine.
:
:Rahul
:linking kernel.debug
:if_wi.o: In function `wi_attach':
:/usr/home/rsidd/dflysrc/src/sys/dev/netif/wi/if_wi.c:316: undefined reference to `ieee80211_ieee2mhz'

    You need to add the 'wlan' device as part of your kernel build.  Another
    alternative would be to not include wlan OR wi in your kernel build and
    just load them as modules.