ANSI-fy of ranlib, ruptime and rdist [patches]

Douwe Kiela virtus at wanadoo.nl
Fri Jul 23 10:00:48 PDT 2004

"Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai" <asmodai at xxxxxx> schreef in bericht
news:20040723072915.GE1768 at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> -On [20040722 23:12], Douwe Kiela (virtus at xxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> >http://virtus.ath.cx/dfbsd/ruptime.c.diff
>
> I chose to use FreeBSD's v1.15.
>
> Please do not mix white space and code changes in a diff.  I am still not
> sure why you added newlines after the opening accolade of some functions.
> Also, to proper use ANSI functions functions without any arguments should
be
> set to func(void), e.g. usage(void).  Also I used int main(int argc, char
> *argv[]) instead of int main(int argc, char **argv), since the former is,
> in my opinion, more easily read as being an array of pointers to char.

About the whitespaces.. I was told that it is according to style(9) that
when
a function has no variables after the first opening accolade, there has to
be an
extra newline. For the rest, no problem :-) I hope someone has the time to
look
at the rest of my patches (all can be found at http://virtus.ath.cx/dfbsd).

By the way, the way that the dragonflybsd sourcecode complies with style(9)
isn't really appropriate, does anyone mind if I change most of the userland
source code to apply to style(9), which makes the code easier to read and
introduces more consistency all over the source code. If there are no
objections
to this I will provide one large (if not huge) patch that fixes everything,
for I was
stunned by the un-cleanness of the code (I come from the NetBSD camp :P).

> Thanks for the reminder and patch though. :)

No problem, I love contributing to interesting projects :)

Later