DragonFly-supfile change

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Wed Jul 28 11:16:43 PDT 2004

:Is there any objection to changing the default cvsup file to grab the
:checked out version of sources?  I'm working on the Updating portion of the
:handbook, and I'm realizing that having to check out the source is an extra
:unneeded step for most users.  This also would be 'expected' behavior for
:users coming from FreeBSD.
:
:< *default prefix=/home/dcvs
:< #*default prefix=/usr
:< *default release=cvs
:< #*default release=cvs tag=.
:---
:> #*default prefix=/home/dcvs
:> *default prefix=/usr
:> #*default release=cvs
:> *default release=cvs tag=.

    Yow.  no, don't change the default cvsup file.  Most people reference
    the file directly from cron and this will cause their cvsup's to suddenly
    do something different.

    You can instead create a new cvsup file w/ a different name and then
    document it.