ANSI-fy of ranlib, ruptime and rdist [patches]

Douwe Kiela virtus at wanadoo.nl
Fri Jul 23 19:17:43 PDT 2004

"Eirik Nygaard" <eirikn at xxxxxxxxxxxx> schreef in bericht
news:20040723223609.GA81742 at xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> On Fri, Jul 23, 2004 at 03:11:59PM -0700, Matthew Dillon wrote:
> >     Ok, I've talked a bit with Douwe Kiela and he seems quite interested
> >     in doing ANSIfication/cleanup work, starting with the patches he
> >     posted before (included below).
> >
> >     Since this is potentially going to be a non-trivial volume of
patches
> >     it would be nice if one or two of our committers could head up the
> >     responsibility for reviewing, adjusting, and committing the work,
with
> >     the rest of the committers helping out if they happen to have the
time.
> >     Douwe is going to posting the URL references to submit@ as he goes.
>
> I can do this, still have a few weeks left of my holiday so I should have
time
> for it. Just wait for the commit spree :)
Alright, cool.. Just a few questions before I get started:

* I will maintain style(9), but as has been stated previously, this is
outdated,
concerning style.. do I have to maintain **argv or *argv[]? do I have to
maintain
the newline when no function-specific variables are declared within the
function
after the starting accolade? do I have to remove globals where I can? do I
have to
put all the #define's on top, or in the code (where they sometimes are right
now)?
* Do I have to send my patches to submit@ or directly to eirik, without
bothering
the rest?
* Do I also have to submit style changes for contrib/ and stuff? Or just the
userland
tree belonging directly to DragonFlyBSD? (In NetBSD spelling/style fixes are
sometimes
also committed to contrib/)

If you'll answer these questions, expect a lot of patches :-)

Btw Matt, the DSA pub key is coming up, I'm too lazy to find it right now
;-)

Later,
Douwe