conditional enter to DDB on busy buffers

David Rhodus drhodus at machdep.com
Fri Jul 16 05:38:51 PDT 2004

Richard Nyberg wrote:
Since I don't have a serial console I don't want my computer
to risk entering the debugger at reboot if it cannot sync its buffers.
The patch at the URL below checks the "debugger_on_panic" sysctl to
conditionalize use of the debugger.
http://people.su.se/~rnyberg/dfly/busy_buffer_ddb.diff

Happy hacking!
        -Richard
Is this a problem you are currently seeing ? If so can you get a dump of
 the system so we can look at that situation and diagnose the problem.

If you don't want to deal with any debugging you should remove 'options
DDB' from your kernel config file. This is a problem that pops up from
time to time on sudo random hardware. Normally there are several reports
that will fly by the list before anyone will break to a debugger to give
us a traceback.

-DR