ACPI 5 PCI removal

Joerg Sonnenberger joerg at britannica.bec.de
Thu Jul 1 15:12:34 PDT 2004

On Fri, Jul 02, 2004 at 01:52:03AM +0900, YONETANI Tomokazu wrote:
> How "broken" is it for you by the way? And is it broken for other people
> as well?

I'm not sure _how_ broken exactly it is. It can't work as intended, because
DF works still differently than FreeBSD 5 [and will be]. The reason I want
to not include or disable it is to ensure that it doesn't cause problems
and to avoid the clutter it generates e.g. by adding another nexus-pci
bridge.

Let me ask the question reverse, do you know of any use of this specific
code? I can live with Matt's suggestion to switch the default meaning of
the driver [and use a tunable in hw.acpi or so for it], but right now
don't want to work on a patch, if I can simple skip this code with the
same result.

Joerg