IRC channel listing

Hiten Pandya hmp at backplane.com
Mon Jul 12 14:51:09 PDT 2004

Matthew Dillon wrote:

:I don't think IRC should be mentioned at all. If we are just a little cranky one
:day that might scare of several users. They should anyway learn to read for then
:self and use the mailing lists. Both those options are a lot better than IRC. I
:think we all know how heated things might get.
:
:--
:Eirik Nygaard
:eirikn at xxxxxxxxxxxx

    I agree.  IRC should not be mentioned, or only mentioned in passing.

    If we wanted to support irc officially I suppose we could setup our own
    irc server.

	Please keep IRC as an un-offical forum for discussion; we don't
	want it to cloud people's minds with misinformation and
	misdirection.  Yes, that means not adding anything to do with
	IRC on the web site.
		-Hiten