hostname(1) change

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Tue Jan 6 00:30:55 PST 2004

:Hey Matt n all,
:
:Thanks Matt, here's the latest patch, it adds -i functionality, so now you can;
:
:hostname -i tun0 -4 |
:hostname -i tun0    |- to get the hostname of the first resolving IPv4 address on tun0
:
:hostname -i tun0 -6    to get the hostname of the first resolving IPv6 address on tun0
:
:It seems to work well, no odd behaviour, let me know if there's any problems
:with it.  There's probably a few minor touch-ups, but from testing here its
:functionally stable (is that an oxymoron? :) )
:Cheers,
:
:--
:Kent Ibbetson
:bsd at xxxxxxxxxx

    This looks good!  I've committed it with a few minor syntax adjustments.
    We can make further commits if additional modifications are necessary.