if_xname ... here we go

Max Laier max at love2party.net
Mon Jan 5 14:05:36 PST 2004

Okay, first off: This is huge (195k unified)
Recovering from a cold on a hollyday can be very productive ;)

http://pf4freebsd.love2party.net/xname/if_xname.diff  - is the complete patch.

http://pf4freebsd.love2party.net/xname/if_xname_libkern.diff - adds fnmatch.c
  to libkern (surprise) as it is needed by ipfw now. It uses the fnmatch.c
  from 5.x's sys/libkern rather then a modified version of the libc/gen file.
  This is also included in the complete patch.

The other names should be self-explanatory.

http://pf4freebsd.love2party.net/xname/MD5 (this might change as I fix things)

43c42ca564130fe1aaf7132e9d85ecd8  if_xname.diff
d1e27025b5e2be1a82716787a7a6c352  if_xname_sys.diff
0b5cfd7800d3f6393a6400ecb0d18d8e  if_xname_sys_contrib.diff
32b1338a76dc59684de6575633ae812d  if_xname_sys_libkern.diff
e96e2688e8168e7e2c7c2de71791bc83  if_xname_usr.diff

What is missing yet (as I am unsure how you'd like to handle it) are
contrib/ipfilter patches. There is quite some work to do and this should
really be handled by some kind of vendor import (if you'd like to update
ipfilter ever again). Same applies to sys/contrib, BTW, but the changes there
are not so extensive and I was too lazy to disconnect it from the build just
to lint.

Anyone with contact to Darren Reed? ;)

Before I forget: This is of course obtained from 5.x and Brooks Davis'
original patch, though there were additional issues to solve, this made it
much easier.

There are some style changes in these patches, diff reduction might be
desirable prior commit.

Tested: Well ... compiles GENERIC and LINT w/o additional warnings. The if.c
changes should be reviewed for sure, but the rest can't really hurt much. The
worst that can happen is that I messed a (debug) printf(). Additional
attention should go to the ipfw changes which I haven't tested thoroughly.

--
Best regards,				| max at xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Max Laier				| ICQ #67774661