.Dx (DragonFly) macro-ized man pages

Hiten Pandya hmp at backplane.com
Wed Feb 25 15:44:43 PST 2004

Aaron Malone wrote:
Here is a big batch of man pages updated to include .Dx where we mean
DragonFly, and .Fx where we mean FreeBSD.  The patch to add the .Dx macro is
part of this diff.  One file (gnu/usr.bin/groff/tmac/groff_mdoc.man) will
need to be added to the repo.

Below are some random notes I thought might be significant; however, after
going through all those man pages, I don't know that my brain works well
enough for me to trust its judgment. ;)

I tried to keep my changes as accurate and unintrusive as possible; thus there
are references to, say, "DragonFly/FreeBSD" on pages talking about whether or
not interesting NIS features work with certain server OSes.

I'm sure this isn't complete yet -- my major criterion was looking for .Fx
macros, and I did run across a few naughty man pages that used 'FreeBSD' when
they meant .Fx.  Haven't looked exhaustively for those yet.
	Hmm... I think we definitely should not do a mechanical s/Fx/Dx/
	substitution.  For example, historically, the Dummynet traffic
	shaper first appeared in FreeBSD version X.X, and not DragonFly.
	It is not fair to just take the credit and say it first appeared
	in DragonFly, which is clearly untrue. :-)
	This patch will need to be broken down into bits, I will commit
	it piece by piece, and the other parts I will do more look-see.
	Is this OK with you, and others?

		-Hiten
		Hiten Pandya (hmp at xxxxxxxxxxxxx)