Layout graphic ideas

David Cuthbert dacut at kanga.org
Tue Feb 24 20:53:06 PST 2004

nu>	<403aea56$0$182$415eb37d at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <20040223232505.378ee5e1.cpressey at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <200402241736.i1OHaQji039328 at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Matthew Dillon wrote:
>     Fortunately there is a solution.  A very simple solution, actually...
>     the CGI can just srandom(time() / 30) and then the text will change
>     only once every 30 seconds.

Mozilla's solution is to allow people to view the entire quips file
("for those who like their quips in large doses").  As, er, pathetic as
that is, I must admit that I've viewed our quips file at work a few
times to see what gems the dice of the random number generator have been
hiding from me.

Mozilla quips are, however, more of a growing and dynamic thing, subject
to the whims of bored developers, whereas this is (I'm guessing) fixed.

Dave