Layout graphic ideas

Chris Pressey cpressey at catseye.mine.nu
Tue Feb 24 12:55:19 PST 2004

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 09:56:11 -0500
"Justin C. Sherrill" <justin at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Chris Pressey wrote:
>
> > I don't know what you mean by "going out too far," but just delete
> > the"WIDTH=780" part from the first table tag, and it should flow to
> > whatever browser size the user has.  At least, it does for me.
>
> If the browser window is over about 800 pixels across, it makes the
> sentences string out wider than is comfortable to read, especially in
> text-heavy sections like Goals.  The number of people with screens
> >800
> pixels is greater (and always on the increase) at this point than
> folks<800, so I was worried about that first.

Ah.  OK, so how about wrapping the text in the main table cell with a
div or span that has a class that has max-width set at a comfortable
size like 700 or so?  That way you get roughly the same effect without
forcing people with smaller browser windows to scroll.

http://www.meyerweb.com/eric/css/tests/css2/sec10-04b.htm

-Chris