Layout graphic ideas

Chris Pressey cpressey at catseye.mine.nu
Mon Feb 23 20:58:01 PST 2004

On 24 Feb 2004 03:10:15 GMT
"Justin C. Sherrill" <justin at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Chris Pressey <cpressey at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
> news:20040223150506.67523cd8.cpressey at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:
>
> > While on the subject... I agree with Mezz' comments.  Viewing the
> > page with Mozilla Firepig (or whatever its name is *today*) even in
> > 800x600 resolution, I get a horizontal scrollbar unless I've
> > selected "Full Screen", which I rarely ever do, for what are maybe
> > obvious reasons.
>
> I have not yet found (read: stolen/copied) an easy way to keep the
> page from going out too far and still have it fit 800x600.

I don't know what you mean by "going out too far," but just delete the
"WIDTH=780" part from the first table tag, and it should flow to
whatever browser size the user has.  At least, it does for me.

> Bobby?  You mean this?
>
> http://bobby.watchfire.com/bobby/html/en/about.jsp
>
> That gives me a goal to work for.

Yeah.  Although not necessarily for the privledge of putting the cute
certification button on the site... just following the suggestions it
gives is a good way to increase a site's accessibility.

-Chris