Layout graphic ideas

Emiel Kollof coolvibe at hackerheaven.org
Fri Feb 20 09:45:43 PST 2004

* Matthew Dillon (dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> :For the heck of it - opinions?
> :
> :http://home.shiningsilence.com:81/layout1.jpg
> :
> :http://home.shiningsilence.com:81/layout2.jpg
>
>     I like the smaller icon of the original site, I think we just need
>     to make better use of the blank space up top.  Hey, I know, how about
>     a cycling ad?  "Tired of Penguin?  Switch to the Dragon!".
>     "BSD-5 got you down?  Migrate to the Dragon!", etc.  I'll bet we could
>     come up with 20 or 30 funny ad lines.

Are you serious? :) If you are, here's a couple I just thought up:

"BSD that doesn't suck. DragonFly BSD"
"DragonFly BSD, because we can."
"We drag BSD kicking and screaming into the 21st century."
"Heavily mutexed kernels? Not us. We like it simple. DragonFlyBSD."
"Best thing since sliced bread? Maybe. We're working on it.  DragonFlyBSD"

Any more? :)

Cheers,
Emiel