Python 2.4a compatibility patches

Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai asmodai at wxs.nl
Mon Feb 2 00:55:48 PST 2004

-On [20040202 08:22], Matthew Dillon (dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
>    This brings up a very good point, and that is what to do
>    with the __FreeBSD__ defines.

Axe them.

All in due time of course.

>    It seems to me that we have an excellent opportunity here
>    with both gcc2 and gcc3 in the tree, and that is to remove
>    __FreeBSD__ from gcc3 builds.  This would allow people to
>    test with or without __FreeBSD__ by using gcc2 or gcc3
>    (a simple setenv CCVER gccX environment variable).

I will make sure I got a bunch of FSF tools done with patches for DF.
config and autoconf are done, I'm trying to get the rest done, but
wasted time wondering why something didn't work only to find out it was
zsh 4.1.1 messing it up.

PGP fingerprint: 2D92 980E 45FE 2C28 9DB7  9D88 97E6 839B 2EAC 625B
http://www.tendra.org/   | http://diary.in-nomine.org/
Cogito, ergo sum...