Less radical layout

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Fri Feb 20 21:48:19 PST 2004

On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 04:46:45 +0000, Justin C. Sherrill wrote:

> This time, my changes have good reason behind them.  All these changes
> are relatively small, but together it's a noticeable change.  I can back
> out individual parts as needed before committing this.
>
> Seen here: http://home.shiningsilence.com:81/main/
>
> - Menu now has indents; stylesheet is cleaned up to reflect menu parts.
>
> - By popular demand, the menu highlight is less mustardy.

I like DragonFly's menu font (speak of size/bold), it's perfect. This one
is kind of thin due to non-bold. Can you try to to get the font colour
change to something like black when the highlight is cover the menu link?
Because, the bright lime-green with bright blue/purple font aren't
friendly on the eyes. Well, maybe it's lime-green that who aren't eyes
friendly, perhaps get it a little darker (not too bright)? In logo, the
lime-green looks little darker.

> - Put a max page width.

Try to use the percent instead the harcore one; it's more smaller width
screen friendly. No nasty width scrollbar if you use the percent in width.
Try to resize your browser on DragonFly and your to smaller width to get
the idea.

My advice would be create another table for middle body with the percent
width size inside the td tag that has no limit size. It kind of look funny
when you have the hr (line) all the way from left but not to the right
side. Let header and hr to touch from left to right side.

I hope, my English grammar is clear enough without show the example. :-)

Cheers,
Mezz

--
bsdforums.org 's moderator, mezz.