diff - GNU og BSD ?

Munish Chopra chopra at soulwax.net
Wed Feb 18 14:26:28 PST 2004

On 2004-02-18 20:30 +0000, Eirik Nygaard wrote:

[...]

> There has been work in FreeBSD to provide a BSDL tar replacement.
> http://people.freebsd.org/~kientzle/libarchive/ which we could look into.
> I have compiled and tested it on DFly and it seems to work, as for speed I
> am not sure.

Tim is currently integrating libarchive into FreeBSD in several
steps. There are some interesting additions and
possibilities. Personally, I'd forget about it until FreeBSD switches to
using it by default, then take a look again. Once it's been through
enough daily use by the throng of FreeBSD users, you'll get a clear
picture of any issues or benefits that come into play.

--
Munish Chopra