Download page changes

Justin C. Sherrill justin at shiningsilence.com
Sat Feb 14 07:14:32 PST 2004

Matthew Dillon <dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
news:200402140228.i1E2SGmY068737 at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

>     I am also considering a stable (non-branch) tag which marks stable
>     points in the tree (when it is known that buildworld and
>     buildkernel compile and run ok), which we update once a week or
>     so.  I'm still thinking about the logistics of doing this.

Speaking from a syntactic view, it'd be easier on everyone if we give
the most current stable image an obvious name ("stablepoint"?) instead
of a date or number - I realize this may already be your plan.