Python 2.4a compatibility patches

Jon Parise jon at indelible.org
Sun Feb 1 22:49:37 PST 2004

I have a small patchset that gets Python 2.4a to build under
DragonFly:

    Python 2.4a0 (#1, Feb  1 2004, 01:38:45)
    [GCC 2.95.4 20020320 [DragonFly]] on dragonfly1

A lot of the patches simply add '|| defined(__DragonFly__)' to the
FreeBSD conditionals in anticipation of the day when DragonFly no
longer masquerades as FreeBSD.  The most useful parts of the patch are
the 'configure' changes and the test suite support.

Nothing miraculaous, but it works for me:

    http://www.indelible.org/dragonfly/python/

Note that this will fix the 'PyInt_Type not defined' build errors that
were reported on one of the DragonFly lists not too long ago.  I've
lost my reference to that original message, though.

I'll submit this stuff back to the Python project soon.

--
Jon Parise (jon at xxxxxxxxxxxxx)  ::  "Scientia est Potentia"