[patch] Require _KERNEL/_KERNEL_STRUCTURES for all kernel headers

Hiten Pandya hmp at backplane.com
Tue Dec 21 22:53:36 PST 2004

Chris Pressey wrote:
On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 23:54:08 +0100
Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Tue, Dec 21, 2004 at 12:38:27PM -0800, Chris Pressey wrote:

I just wanted to pass it over submit@ for one last review.  If there are
no objections in the next few days, I'll commit it:
 http://catseye.webhop.net/DragonFlyBSD/patch/kernel_barricade.diff
- sys/device_port.h already included
- in bus/cam/scsi_da.c, can you merge the _KERNEL includes and the !_KERNEL
 includes?
- in sys/lockf, the functions should be in one group and the variable in
 another
- in power.h, don't add _KERNEL, it doesn't make that much sense
- sys/systimer.h is _KERNEL only, if world break, we should fix it
- sys/taskqueue.h should stay kernel only
- sys/timepps.h can move the include for sys/systimer.h into the _KERNEL
 section?
- sys/tprintf.h should stay _KERNEL only
- sys/xwait.h can be removed, if Matt doesn't want to resurrect it. It's
 only used by kern/kern_sync.c and there only by #if 0'd code.

Joerg

Hope I caught all that, updated patch at

  http://catseye.webhop.net/DragonFlyBSD/patch/kernel_barricade2.diff

'make installer_release' underway, I'll let you know if it breaks.

-Chris

	Correct me if I am wrong, but if a sysutil port requires one of
	the sys headers, does that mean I need to define BOTH _KERNEL
	and _KERNEL_STRUCTURES?  I thought the point of having
	_KERNEL_STRUCTURES was to compartmentalize *kernel structures*
	and other dangerous code in header files from userland so
	that you could define _KERNEL_STRUCTURES and get what it says
	instead of the other cruft as well.
	I could be just beating a dead chicken here... :-)

		-Hiten