tail -f multiple files

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Mon Dec 27 12:55:18 PST 2004

:Hello
:
:I've sent this before but I believe it got lost in the torrent of
:patches :)
:
:The patch at
:
:    http://andre.people.digirati.com.br/dragonfly/patches/tail.patch
:
:adds support for multiple files with the `-f' flag of tail. This is
:mostly useful for checking changes in log files, like
:
:$ tail -f /var/log/messages /var/log/maillog
:
:Patch-taken-from: FreeBSD
:(http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=1528954+0+/usr/local/www/db/text/2004/cvs-all/20041107.cvs-all)
:
:Regards,
:Andre

    Looks reasonable.  I am going to commit it but I am also going to make a
    few minor modifications to it so it doesn't repeatedly generate the
    '==> filename <==' line for successive lines occuring from the same file.