mainpage change

Justin C. Sherrill justin at shiningsilence.com
Mon Dec 20 20:09:23 PST 2004

> Good idea. The wording can be improved though. I think the "DragonFly
> BSD Digest" sounds a lot better. Here's some hopefully constructive
> criticism. (The square brackets represent links.)

I like "DragonFly BSD Log" myself, though it's still pretty unsexy either
way.

> Sidebar link suggestions:

One of the troubles with the sidebar links is that they are generated
programmatically, and assume that all links there are local to the site.
It's probably easy to change the CGI program that does this to allow for
it, though.

I would like to update the whole site to something more directed (Hiten
mentioned the PHP.net site as an example once, which I like), but my new
job has not left me time for anything in recent months other than
DragonFly Log updates.  I may get some spare time near the new year to at
least mock up a suggestion.