Dorky usbdevs question

Barry Bouwsma freebsd-misuser at remove-NOSPAM-to-reply.NOSPAM.dyndns.dk
Thu Dec 9 06:30:06 PST 2004

[ This is sent to both the FreeBSD USB mailing list as well as the
  DragonFlyBSD list for code submissions, in case you followup.  If
  you do reply, drop my address (or just the hostname to make IPv4-aware) ]

On Fri, 03 Dec 2004 11:47:57 -0800, Julian Elischer replied to me:

> Barry Bouwsma wrote:
> >If I may ask, what sort of policy is there on updating usbdevs
> >and its ilk?  (also concerning 4.x)
> >I think it would be nice if all the usbdevs files (4.x, 5.x, -current,
> >netbsd, others) were as similar as possible.  Otherwise, I'll need to

> If you submit patches for merging in from all sources, the we can
> certainly commit them.
> there isn't much risk in identifying extra devices.

I volunteer.  I've started with this morning's DragonFly and FreeBSD
Current, so...

Does the DragonFly team have interest in merging any missing usbdevs
entries as well?  Please say yes.

For starters, the two sets of diffs below can be applied respectively
to FreeBSD-current or DragonFly, to bring them into sync.

If the DragonFly team is interested, I'll post a note to further
patches I come up with to bring in any more entries from OpenBSD
and NetBSD, that I plan to make against the (unified) patched usbdevs
in FBSD/DFly.

The diffs can be downloaded for a short time from
https://nospam.dyndns.dk/hacks/usbdevs/    (also without SSL)

Of interest to FreeBSD-current would be
https://nospam.dyndns.dk/hacks/usbdevs/usbdiffs-dfly
 == APPLICABLE TO FreeBSD-current
contains a few additions in DragonFly that are not in -current
one typo correction
a good number of whitespace diffs for consistency
a couple of ordering changes
um, interpid/intrepid?  Typo still needs a-fixin' somewhere

For DragonFly, you want to have
https://nospam.dyndns.dk/hacks/usbdevs/usbdevs-dfly-patch
 == APPLICABLE TO DragonFly
a few additions from FreeBSD not yet in DFly
minor ordering changes and duplicate elimination

Another set of eyeballs on this would be helpful to verify that
I haven't botched something while manually cleaning the diffs.

To the FreeBSD people, should I bother with a diff of my final
hacked usbdevs against 5.x and 4.x, or would someone later sync
everything up?

enjoy,
barry bouwsma