Test Bugzilla bug tracker

Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai asmodai at wxs.nl
Tue Aug 17 09:13:26 PDT 2004

-On [20040817 18:02], Justin C. Sherrill (justin.sherrill at xxxxxxxxx) wrote:
>I know Hiten was planning to install Bugzilla, and he's been busy, so:
>
>http://www.forknibbler.com/bugzilla/

I've left it on purpose to Hiten, because he wanted it to be hosted on
Matt's network, otherwise I could've added categories for DF to the
tendra.org BZ long ago. ;)

>How's this look to folks?  I've created some initial categories.

I'd advise you to go with 2.18rc2.  We (I contribute on a semi-regular basis
to bz) moved towards more and more templated stuff, making the new one
easier to customise.  Also, the upgrade path to 2.20, which is due in a few
months, will be easier from 2.18 onwards.

I'd change your localsetup to have P1 - P5 read from critical, high, normal,
low, very low, way more understandable in my opinion.

Also, what administrative options did you set/unset?

I think the categories will need revamping.

>The machine it's on now is not a good final destination, as it's a bit slow.
>However, it should be possible in theory (I haven't tried it) to transfer
>any existing bug reports to a new installation on a new machine, once one is
>available.

It is quite simple, all you need is a database dump.  Done it a lot, hasn't
failed me thus far.

Going good thus far.

Free Tibet! http://www.savetibet.org/ | http://www.tibet.nu/
http://www.tendra.org/   | http://www.in-nomine.org/
There are shadows in the garden.  Like us, they are the children of the
sunlight.  Learn to love them despite their darkness.  For with the
onset of Night's greater Darkness, they will fade and be forgotten...