Update: crossbuilding under older 4.x FreeBSD

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Sun Aug 29 09:51:36 PDT 2004

:So, um, my real question would be, is it reasonable for me to
:want to create a DFly-specific `includes' directory at the start
:of my crossbuild so that I can get the latest headers to work
:around the failures I had initially observed, while excluding
:the particular headers that are needed during the build (I'll
:let Ruslan educate me on which those are, I hope)?
:thanks
:barry bouwsma

    No.  I think what we need to do is to make sure that the build tools
    portion of the buildworld can be built using legacy include files.
    Putting #ifdef __DragonFly__ checks around the appropriate places, if
    we don't have to do too many, would be the solution.