Crossbuilding DFly on old FBSD

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Sat Aug 7 14:42:36 PDT 2004

:SHIP IT !!!1!
:
:Er, excuse me.  I meant to say, quietly, that your patch solves
:all the build issues I had, except for the out-of-sync includes
:issue.  (That I worked around by incorporating those parts of my
:hack that built and used an `include' directory from the build
:source.)

    All right, it's committed.  It's a definite improvement even
    though it doesn't solve all the issues.

:My build eventually completed after, well, longer than I expected.
:Therefore, the issue of build-tool requirements being out-of-sync
:with the build environment appears to have been addressed.

    Well, look on the bright side... if you had tried to build the
    world with gcc-3.4 it would have taken even longer!

:I'll go back in time to 4.0 and RELENG_3 if not earlier, just
:to see how far back FreeBSD is capable of crossbuilding DFly
:with suitable includes hackery.
:
:thanks
:barry bouwsma

    That would be useful information for us to have, but don't sweat
    it if it takes too long.