RFC: purging old perl-5.005_03 from base

Ade Lovett dflybsd at lovett.com
Mon Aug 2 10:34:52 PDT 2004

Hi All,

Back over in FreeBSD 4.x-land, I've now developed a complete set of
patches (modulo one piece of code - src/usr.bin/sockstat) that allows
for the complete removal of contrib/perl (aka perl-5.005_03) from the
base system -- ie: buildworld/buildkernel/installworld/installkernel
works, does the right thing, no perl present in the base.

Obviously, some of the work I've done will need to be recoded for the
slight differences between FreeBSD and DragonFlyBSD userland, but
before I go ahead and do this, is there any interest here for doing
this?

Regards,
	-aDe [@FreeBSD.org/supernews.net]