vidcontrol(1)

Devon H. O'Dell dodell at sitetronics.com
Sun Apr 25 07:24:18 PDT 2004

Ivan Voras <ivoras at xxxxxx> scribbled:
> Sascha Wildner wrote:
>
> >Make set_pixel_mode() support higher resolutions like 1024x768 or
> >1280x1024 (bank switching).
>
> Do you need bank switching these days? I don't know how syscons handles it,
> but VESA 2.0+ gives you flat memory access.

Interestingly enough, my not-so-old laptop with an ATI Mobility Rage Pro
AGP 2x doesn't support _any_ of the VESA modes that are provided by the
fb (not a single one of the 40 it tries).

Indeed, VESA 2.0+ gives flat memory access and switches for resolutions

--
Kind regards,

Devon H. O'Dell   |         dodell at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Key: 4D3D8CA7     | IRC: dho at freenode/dodell at efnet
pgp00012.pgp