[patch] POSIX advisory mode lock panic fix by Dfly

Joerg Sonnenberger joerg at britannica.bec.de
Tue Apr 20 10:06:45 PDT 2004

On Tue, Apr 20, 2004 at 02:24:56PM +0200, Devon H. O'Dell wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I've ported my patch for the local kernel panic that I fixed in a patch
> for FreeBSD over to DragonflyBSD as well. It's available at
> http://sitetronics.com/lockfix.dfly.tar.gz. I'd appreciate feedback for
> this .

Beside some typos, this fix provides a very persimistic solution and makes
locking/unlocking impossible in a few cases, were the lock counter doesn't
have to be increased.

I have an optimistic fix for the same problem at
ftp://dragonflybsd.dyndns.org/posix-locks.diff

I hope someone else can review it :)

Joerg

> Please note that this is pretty much a literal copy of the patch I made
> for FreeBSD. It hasn't been thoroughly reviewed by that crowd, so it's
> probably not a bad idea for you guys to do that too .
>
> Let me know if anything needs to change.
>
> Kind regards,

Patch, bug & regard welcome, in that order :)