libmap and linuxpluginwrapper

Joerg Sonnenberger joerg at britannica.bec.de
Tue Apr 6 11:28:21 PDT 2004

On Tue, Apr 06, 2004 at 10:57:15AM -0700, Matthew Dillon wrote:
>     Ok, well play with it for a while and report back.  I am not particularly
>     fond of the idea of hacking up ld-elf.so just to support plugins which
>     we cannot otherwise compile from source.

I got the flash plugin to work with some symbolic links and some binary
patching.

In principle it should be possible to use e.g.
/usr/local/lib/flashpluginwrapper, add the flash6.so from pluginwrapper, the
necessary links to it and the system libs according to the to be generated
/etc/libmap.conf entries and add /usr/local/lib/flashpluginwrapper to
LD_LIBRARY_PATH for the browsers.

Joerg