libmap and linuxpluginwrapper

Joerg Sonnenberger joerg at britannica.bec.de
Tue Apr 6 09:01:57 PDT 2004

On Mon, Apr 05, 2004 at 11:36:46PM -0400, Rahul Siddharthan wrote:
> The linuxpluginwrapper port on FreeBSD-4 and DragonFly requires
> changes to rtld-elf and configuring /etc/libmap.conf .  This works
> fine for me on DragonFly (I tested the flash plugin on mozilla-firefox
> and konqueror).  Is there any reason not to apply this patch to the
> base system?

Well, I consider this to be a very ugly hack. Just like Simon I prefer
a cleaner solution via attaching of a special section to the ELF binary.
I'm currently looking at linuxpluginwrapper to get it working without
libmap. If there isn't a real need for user uses beside that and my
work is successfull, I'd like to leave this out.

Joerg