[patch] POSIX advisory mode lock panic fix by Dfly

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Tue Apr 20 10:33:45 PDT 2004

:Well it's good to see that the committers _here_ have time to review
:patches, anyway :P. My thread on arch@ has been dead for a week!
:
:--Devon

    I'd just like to say that I believe adding this resource limit is a
    good idea, especially considering that Linux has obviously already
    identified the DOS/kernel-panic issues involved with it.  I look forward
    to seeing your updated patch!

    Also (to Joerg):  please feel free to commit all the non-kernel bits of
    the patch and the base kernel resource limit support (note the bug in the
    /bin/sh source patch that I mentioned in my first post).

    The only issue still on the table is in the actual kern_lockf.c
    implementation.  Everything else can go in at any time.