syscall separation part 5

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Tue Sep 30 00:12:11 PDT 2003

:>     work then is reasonable at this stage.
:>
:> 					-Matt
:
:That was my first idea when I split kern_{send,recv}msg().  I decided not
:to because I felt it would push too much code into the syscall entry point
:functions.  I don't like the idea of abusing flags as was done with
:MSG_COMPAT, so I think I'll spend the next couple of days rewriting these
:functions to use uio's.  The calling convention would look something like
:this:
:
:    int kern_sendmsg(int s, struct sockaddr *sa, struct uio *auio,
:        struct cmsghdr *control, int flags);
:    int kern_recvmsg(int s, struct sockaddr *sa, struct uio *auio,
:        struct cmsghdr *control, int flags);
:
:More code, soon...
:
:--
:   David P. Reese, Jr.                                     daver at xxxxxxxxxxxx
:                                               http://www.gomerbud.com/daver/

   All right, it sounds like a good plan.