syscall separation part 5

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Mon Sep 29 23:11:26 PDT 2003

:Create a MSG_KERN_IOV flag for use in kern_{send,recv}msg().  This should
:allow us to modify the contents of an iov in the emulation code and pass
:it to kern_{send,recv}msg() without the use of the stackgap.
:
:Also, catch some spots where I forgot to pass flags in a message.
:
:http://gomerbud.com/daver/patches/dragonfly/syscall-separation-5.diff
:
:I'd like to commit this tomorrow night if it gets good reviews.
:
:--
:   David P. Reese, Jr.                                     daver at xxxxxxxxxxxx
:                                               http://www.gomerbud.com/daver/

    This looks reasonable to me.  I'm wondering if it makes sense to
    encapsulate the IOV in a UIO instead, but that might involve more
    work then is reasonable at this stage.