mount user option

Mark Valentine mark at thuvia.org
Wed Sep 24 07:21:57 PDT 2003

>so the requirements of usermount are:
>
>a) only let LOCAL users (owning the system console) mount
>
>b) only mounting of fstab entries with 'user' option are allowed.
>
>c) user does not need rw-access to device
>
>d) user should mount on specified mountpoint (e.g. on /cdrom, not own file)

What about mounting CD9660 or FAT images using vn(4) or similar?  There's very
little reason to restrict those if all files just show as as owned by the user
doing the mount, and the user can happily be half way across the planet.

		Cheers,

		Mark.
--
"Tigers will do ANYTHING for a tuna fish sandwich."
"We're kind of stupid that way."   *munch* *munch*