style(9) manpage __P removal

Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai asmodai at wxs.nl
Mon Sep 22 22:11:50 PDT 2003

-On [20030923 03:22], Matthew Dillon (dillon at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
>    int
>    fubar(a, b, c, d)
>    int c;		<<<<< note that this ordering might be different
>    int b;		<<<<< from the ordering in the argument list above.
>    int a;
>    int d;
>    {
>    }
>
>    int
>    fubar(int a, int b, int c, int d)	<<< correct conversion to ANSI

For my own work I have actually moved to an in-between form:

int
fubar(int a,
      int b,
      int c,
      int d)
{
}

or

int
dowhacky(char		 a,
	 int		 b,
	 unsigned long	 c,
	 char		*d)
{
}

But such is the way of programming styles.  I just like to think my
style keeps things short 'n clear. :)

Then again, you have people who can work with 2-space indents while it
gives me headaches. *shrug*

PGP fingerprint: 2D92 980E 45FE 2C28 9DB7  9D88 97E6 839B 2EAC 625B
http://www.tendra.org/   | http://www.in-nomine.org/~asmodai/diary/
To give your sheep or cow a large spacious meadow is the way to control him...