linux emulation COMPAT_43 removal part 1

Hiten Pandya hmp at backplane.com
Sat Sep 6 16:32:04 PDT 2003

Matthew Dillon wrote:

:I think a little heads up before these changes go in would be nice. Or
:at least
:for the first set of changes as people might have to convert a few
:private
:code bits and things that are in peoples commit que.
:
:-DR

    Mmm..  I dislike open-ended requests like this.  If there are specific
    modules that developers have broken open that they want a heads-up on,
    that would be a reasonable request.  Otherwise it puts a larger burden
    on the work being done then would otherwise be on the developer whos
    local changes might conflict (where it might take only a few minutes to
    fix the conflict, for example).
	Seconded; it's hard to give heads-up's like these; let's avoid
	them. ;-)
		-- Hiten (hmp at xxxxxxxxxxxxx)