linux emulation COMPAT_43 removal part 1

David Rhodus drhodus at catpa.com
Sat Sep 6 14:03:48 PDT 2003

On Saturday, September 6, 2003, at 04:38 PM, Matthew Dillon wrote:

    oops, resending. I manged David's email address.

:>     base, but I could go either way.  e.g. kern_bind() instead of
bind1().
:>     Definite not _syscall_bind() (ick).  But before we make that
sort of
:>     change I will commit the linux patch using the current naming
:>     convention.
:
:	Deal!  If I get some time in the next two weeks, I will convert
:	as many syscalls as I can into the split system, and then
:	collectively change their name from blah1() to kern_blah().
:
:	Regards,
:
:		- Hiten (hmp at xxxxxxxxxxxxx)

    Woa, timeout!  Coordinate with David Reese, he's been working on
    splitting the system calls as well.  There are a lot of syscalls so
    the help is appreciated, I suggest that you guys divvy up the files
    as you go.
I think a little heads up before these changes go in would be nice. Or
at least
for the first set of changes as people might have to convert a few
private
code bits and things that are in peoples commit que.

-DR