syscall separation part 5a

Hiten Pandya hmp at backplane.com
Wed Oct 1 21:19:48 PDT 2003

David P. Reese, Jr. wrote:

This is a replacement for the previous patch that makes kern_{send,recv}msg()
operate on struct uio's instead of struct msghdr's.  This is what I believe
to be the last step required before removing stackgap allocations in the
linux socket code.
http://gomerbud.com/daver/patches/dragonfly/syscall-separation-5a.diff

I'd like to commit this tomorrow night.
	Looks pretty cool David!  Thanks!

	Also, you might wanna look at a Linux related PR from the
	FreeBSD GNATS database.  It adds three new linux emulated
	syscalls, but because it uses the stackgap() stuff, I thought
	I would pass it on to you, if you don't mind 8-) :
	a] http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=kern/55835

	   This PR is for addressing the issue with the SETALL
	   Linux system call.
	b] http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=kern/45785

	   This PR adds two/three new Linux system calls, IIRC,
	   it is linux_mmap2(), linux_ftruncat64() and
	   linux_truncat64().
	Regards,

--
Hiten Pandya