GCC 3.3.2 kernel

Craig Dooley cd5697 at albany.edu
Wed Oct 29 05:10:49 PST 2003

Some of the stuff has been taken from FreeBSD.  Im currently trying to work my
way through makefiles to find out why things would be different on gcc 2.95
and gcc 3.3.2.  Could we take binutils and gcc from their tree instead of a
GNU import when the time comes?  I dont know if they have changed the abi at
all, but if it's already worked out from them, it's probably a much better
place to start.  I was working on buildworld too, and I know amd has a couple
bugs.  I've been thinking of a new package manager and would like to get a
working version of that in perl with static programs in /usr/lib/dfpkg just
as a test platform, but moving the base system to build packages instead of
installworld would be a nice test.

-Craig

--
Craig Dooley											cd5697 at xxxxxxxxxx

pgp00007.pgp