DragonFly bootsplash bmp

Hiten Pandya hmp at backplane.com
Mon Oct 13 09:17:05 PDT 2003

Emiel Kollof wrote:

Having to cvsup 400+ kb of excess data that could be saved by compression
is not something I'd look forward to if I'd was on the other end of a
modem line :)

Ah, after cvsupping and updating my tree I saw you committed it compressed.
Duh. But my question still stands: how neat (and how doable) would it be
for the splash loaders to be able to read gzipped bitmaps?
	Read kern/imgact_gzip.c, and boot/i386/kgzldr/boot.c for
	information on how this can be achieved, if wanted.
	Regards,

--
Hiten Pandya
hmp at xxxxxxxxxxxxx