Throughput problems with NFS

Hiten Pandya hmp at backplane.com
Sun Oct 12 06:15:50 PDT 2003

Matthew Dillon wrote:

:     Ah, ok now I see.  It sounds like soreserve should nominally be 2.5x
:     or 3x the NFS io size in order to properly stream requests, or you
:     won't be able to fill the wire.
:
	On that note, I would like to bump up NFS_FABLKSIZE to a value
	of 4096, from the current value of 512 bytes.  The latter is
	totally unacceptable given todays network environments ...
	I propose this value, as to keep in sorta sync with Linux's
	default file block size.  I would like to know if Solaris
	uses anything bigger than 4096.
	I shall commit the change, unless there is any difference
	of opinion.
	Regards,

--
Hiten Pandya