Throughput problems with NFS

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Sat Oct 11 21:20:17 PDT 2003

:I have been able to duplicate the problems Richard Sharpe was
:having while using Linux as a client. This seems to have a limiting
:factor of throttling the throughput to around 5MB/s.  This is caused
:from the segment remaining un-acked so adding a reserve of 2048
:bytes will work around for this. I've added a sysctl to allow finer
:grain
:control over this option.
:
:You can obtain the patch from:
:http://machdep.com/drhodus/nfs_sack.diff
:
:-DR

    I don't understand.  An unacked segment should not present a problem.

    You may have to make that reserve scale by MTU.