DragonFly bootsplash bmp

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Mon Oct 13 08:10:40 PDT 2003

:> Having to cvsup 400+ kb of excess data that could be saved by compression
:> is not something I'd look forward to if I'd was on the other end of a
:> modem line :)
:
:Ah, after cvsupping and updating my tree I saw you committed it compressed.
:Duh. But my question still stands: how neat (and how doable) would it be
:for the splash loaders to be able to read gzipped bitmaps?
:
:Cheers,
:Emiel

    I dunno, but I don't consider it high priority.  People who want to
    use the splash screen will have to gunzip it.