Throughput problems with NFS

David Rhodus drhodus at catpa.com
Sun Oct 12 09:16:35 PDT 2003

On Sunday, October 12, 2003, at 09:15 AM, Hiten Pandya wrote:
	I propose this value, as to keep in sorta sync with Linux's
	default file block size.  I would like to know if Solaris
	uses anything bigger than 4096.
They use from variables to calculate the number from what I can tell.
Though it appears to be tunable. I'm not sure if adding something like
a SYSCTL is something we want to do. But as for bumping up the number
to 4096, I can't think of any reason not to go ahead. On my box I have
the
NFS block size is 2048 though I can't be certain that's the default as
this
machine was setup about 18 months ago. It is also running Solaris 9,
perhaps
someone with a default installation can comment.

-DR