syscall separation part 11 for review

David P. Reese, Jr. daver at gomerbud.com
Fri Oct 31 06:09:23 PST 2003

Split wait4(), setrlimit(), getrlimit(), statfs(), fstatfs(), chdir(),
open(), mknod(), link(), symlink(), unlink(), lseek(), access(), stat(),
lstat(), readlink(), chmod(), chown(), lchown(), utimes(), lutimes(),
futimes(), truncate(), rename(), mkdir(), rmdir(), getdirentries(),
getdents().

Trash the 4.3BSD numeric filesystem type support in mount().

Move ocreat(), olseek(), otruncate(), ostat(), olstat(), owait(),
ogetrlimit(), and osetrlimit() to the 43bsd subtree and reimplement
using split syscalls.  Move ogetdirentries() to the subtree without
change because it is such a mess.

Convince linux_waitpid(), linux_wait(), linux_setrlimit(),
linux_old_getrlimit(), and linux_getrlimit() to use split syscalls.

The file kern/vfs_syscalls.c is now completely free of COMPAT_43 code.
I believe that execve() is the only pending split before I can tackle
stackgap usage in the linux emulator's CHECKALT{EXIST,CREAT}() macros.

http://gomerbud.com/daver/patches/dragonfly/syscall-separation-11.diff

I'd appreciate it if someone would take a look at my argument conventions
for the syscalls that take a path.  I am currently passing pointers to
nameidata structures that have been populated with NDINIT() to the in
kernel syscalls.  I hope this doesn't pose a problem.

I'll give this patch two or three days for review because
   1) its big
   2) I'm out of town tomorrow.

--
   David P. Reese, Jr.                                     daver at xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                               http://www.gomerbud.com/daver/