src/include __P() removal

David Rhodus drhodus at catpa.com
Thu Nov 13 09:48:52 PST 2003

On Nov 13, 2003, at 12:21 PM, Craig Dooley wrote:

I didnt check the FreeBSD 4 cvs, but 5.x uses binutils 2.13 and they no
longer have a separate gnu/usr.bin/as and gnu/usr.bin/binutils/as. I
dont know if the first needs to be kept for a.out but the last
changelog
for that version is March 1992.  It looks like it hasnt been patched
since it's been brought in to 5.x.  This would affect a couple other
pieces also though, right? I can think of libiberty, and possibly gdb,
but it might have farther implications than that.
Yeah, that sounds right about affecting the a.out. I think FreeBSD is
waiting
on someone to come up with a a.out toolchain. I really don't want to
break
a.out support off from DragonFly at this time. I'm not totally sure
about all the
complications without some further investigation.

-DR